ABBAday 2022 (International ABBA Fan Club Day in Roosendaal)

 ABBAday 2022 (International ABBA Fan Club Day in Roosendaal)

With great surprise, Helga and Anita decided to organize, this 1st October 2022, the ABBAday 2020 which had not taken place because of the covid-19.


Unfortunately, not everyone managed to be present at this party that we do not want to miss. But the long-establised and regulars were there, as well as young people who we saw for the first time.


I can't tell you about the Friday evening, since I didn't attend. I just learned that my friend Gérard Hesen had won a great prize: the Voyage concert program signed by the four members of ABBA.


Me, I arrived on Saturday, a little before the opening time of the place, to be able to quietly greet all my friends who were there too.


The morning was devoted to the ABBA market. Almost everything you want about ABBA is there, however only a millionaire could walk away with everything he wanted










because among what I wanted to buy this year, I found the singles records box set that had been released for the 40th anniversary of "Waterloo" in 2014.

  

Indeed, I was never interested in vinyl records and I only bought it much later on second-hand when I was still living in Brussels. Last year, I figured I wanted to own at least one complete set of ABBA vinyl records.


Apart from that, I also found other interesting and curious things. It has been long time since I bought so many items at ABBAday.


Not only the members had difficulties coming, it was also difficult to find known guests. However Helga and Anita were lucky; among the present members, some fans were there with great stories to tell.

But first there was a congratulatory video from Björn and Benny and a greeting from Anders Eljas.

 

The first to talk were a couple who travelled across Sweden in search of places related to ABBA.

A girl had the chance to stay in the same hotel as ABBA on May 26 in London and was able to film their exit from the hotel before going to the ABBA Arena.



Then Stany van Wymeersch, who was there to sell his book, told us his story.

 

Stephan Verhees talked about a personal digital scrapbook concerning Agnetha’s early career, in which he brings together collected pictures, records and magazine and newspaper articles. (It won’t be for sale.)

 


A fan who was lucky enough to attend the ABBA concert on the 5th February 1977 in Antwerp, told us about his day and showed us his exclusive pictures.

 
 
 
 

 

Finally, Philippe Elan had a stand where he sold very beautiful photos. He told us about his encounters with Frida, who obviously, he saw several times.

 

And a surprise guest arrived who gave me chance of having a new autographed CD. Josè Hoebee, member of Luv and the duo Bonnie & José, came in order to sell the Deluxe edition of “Herinnering” which was released in 2020.

  
 

For the contest this year, the questions were easy and there were many good answers. By a great chance, I got the name of my friend Xavier who received a prize. And then, another person got the name of his mother, who therefore chose a second prize for her son!


In the back, there was a Super Trouper-themed exhibit with rare singles, Frida's dress and good quality photos.

  


 
 
 
 

After a break for dinner and regain sanity


The disco began with an introductory video done by Roeland Van de Velde.


To heat up the atmosphere, it was "I Still Have Faith in You" that opened the dance. But ABBA Voyage was very present with “When you danced with me”, “Keep an eye on Dan”, “Just a notion”, “No doubt about it” and obviously “Don't shut me down” perfectly suited for an event like ABBAday.


Obviously, "As Good, As New" was also there!



The evening, as always, ended too soon and, after the usual thanks, Alex Jones made a very poignant intervention reminding us some people who will never be with us again, but that we will always think of them. We ended up forming a circle to dance to "The Way Olds Friend Do".


After the family picture, some decided to continue the party in a bar in town. This was not my case, since I still had to return to Brussels, more than an hour by car.


  


 




So I neither attended the screening of the film "ABBA The Movie" on Sunday morning, in a city cinema.


I'm very happy with my day, and I'm looking forward the next fan club meeting, probably to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the ABBA Museum in Stockholm, or are we also going to recover the lost ABBAday in 2021?


Thanks to Geoffroy who brought me some souvenirs from the ABBA Arena and Stockholm.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Gracias por la Música, el álbum

The ABBA Museum Anniversary and the ABBAday 2023

One Year Anniversary ABBA Voyage Concert in London